A funeral home will take care of many activities from the time it is called until the chosen services are completed, depending on the wishes of the family and their specific needs regarding the death of their loved one. When a family chooses a funeral home, they are putting their trust in it to provide compassionate care for their loved one, carry out their wishes, and handle all of the details during an emotionally vulnerable time. Check this out if you want to find the best funeral homes in Beaver Falls, PA.
What Is Expected of a Funeral Home
- When a death occurs, the funeral home will be available to serve families 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- The funeral home will transport the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home; if necessary, the deceased will also be transported to and from the crematory.
- As requested by the family, the funeral home will provide professional care for the deceased, which may include washing, embalming, restorative art, dressing, casketing, hairdressing, and cosmetology.
- The funeral home will schedule a meeting with the family to gather information needed to complete paperwork like the certificate of death and to plan the funeral service.
- The funeral home will prepare, complete, and file all necessary paperwork, including death certificates and other permits and authorizations; obtain the requested number of certified copies of the death certificate for the family.
- The funeral home will write an obituary based on the information provided, including service information, biographical information, and survivor information, and will send it to all newspapers requested by the family.
- The funeral home will assist the family by contacting the clergy, other officiants, musicians, and singers of the family’s choice, will make arrangements with any special groups to participate in the funeral services; and will arrange for honorariums to be given to appropriate persons as requested by the family.
- Before the funeral services, the funeral home will contact and arrange necessary details with the cemetery, crematory, or another place of disposition, inquiring about fees, regulations, and other requirements.
- The funeral home will assist families with questions regarding veterans’ affairs, social security benefits, insurance claims, and other related matters.
- As requested by the family, the funeral home will provide memorial products such as a register book, acknowledgment cards, thank you cards, memorial folders, prayer cards, and memorial tribute DVDs.
- The funeral home will assist families by arranging flowers, framed photos, photo collages, and other memorial pieces in the chapel during services and visitation; assuring the care of and return to the family following the services.
- The funeral home will professionally direct the chosen funeral services, from visitation to funeral service, professional, and disposition of remains through burial, cremation, etc.
- After the service, the funeral home will return to the family flowers, a register book, flower cards, memorial contributions made to the family, displayed photos, a memorial tribute DVD, and any other items.
- The funeral home will assist the family with any additional arrangements that are required following the service, such as adding death dates to existing monuments or purchasing new monuments.
If you are still unsure about which funeral home in Beaver Falls, PA is the best fit for you, please contact our team to learn more about what we have to offer. We are prepared to assist you. You can contact us right away or come in to see us.