What to Know About Basic Services for Funeral Home and Cremations in Freedom, PA
Gabauer Funeral Homes is a concerned funeral home and cremation service provider in Freedom, PA. We recognize that each family is unique, our dedicated staff provides personalized assistance to create a meaningful service that honors the life of your loved one. For over 100 years, we continue to serve our community with the safety and well- being of our staff, families and community as our number one priority. Call us today for your funeral home and cremation needs at (724) 843-0300 or visit us at 1133 Penn Ave New Brighton, PA 15066.
Chances are, if you are looking into the details of services for funeral home and cremations in Freedom, PA, you have experienced a profound loss. During this time of grief and sadness, it is unfortunate that so many difficult decisions need to be made. However, you can empower yourself with the basic knowledge of services available and what to look for when selecting a funeral home.
There are multiple service styles and types that can be chosen to honor the life of your departed loved one. Here is a brief overview of the types of services that are readily available. Remember, these can be customized to fit your specific needs.
- Funeral Services: If you like tradition, this is a fantastic place to start. A funeral service is an event that brings together the family, loved ones, and friends of someone who has passed away. This provides a time and place to share comfort, find acceptance, and begin facing the reality of this loss. Memories and tributes are often shared at this event. It is typically held with the body of the deceased present, often in a closed casket. Because of this, funeral services are usually held soon after the death has occurred.
- Cremation Services: This is a process wherein the remains of the departed individual are prepared for the final disposition or placement of remains. The process involves sealing the remains in a cremation chamber and applying an extremely high heat that allows everything in the chamber to combust. After a cooling period, the remaining particles are collected and processed to be returned to the family in the form we refer to as “ashes.” Cremation services may be connected to other services, or they may be purchased as a stand-alone service.
- Memorial Services: If you need more flexibility with the timeline or have decided not to hold any type of viewing service, a memorial service might be the way to go. This type of service can be held soon after death has occurred, or it can be held at a time in the future that works best. If immediate burial or cremation has taken place, this honoring service can be planned with more forethought for a later date.
- Burial and Graveside Services: Gatherings can also be held at the graveside connected with burial if desired. There are options to purchase above-ground burial sites by selecting mausoleum spaces or crypts when it comes to burial. Below-ground burial within the earth is also available in traditional gravesites. Both intact and cremated remains can be buried below the ground in most cemeteries.
It is essential to understand that choosing one type of service doesn’t necessarily rule out other options. A classic example of this is when someone wants to hold a full funeral service, complete with a funeral wake and wants to cremate the remains. This is absolutely possible. The body of the deceased will be embalmed and readied for the viewing, and laid within a rented casket. Then, after the funeral services are over, the body will be taken to the crematory for cremation.
Things to Know When Hiring a Funeral Home and Cremations in Freedom, PA
Choosing a qualified funeral home will significantly support you as you lay your loved one to rest. But what makes a funeral home qualified? How can you know you are getting a trusted provider? You can look for certain things when you are researching the available choices for funeral home and cremations in Freedom, PA.
- Full-Service Funeral Home: Look for a firm that offers a wide range of services. Even better if they provide all of the services they offer rather than contracting the services out. Overall this simplifies things for you as a customer.
- Experienced and Locally Owned or Operated: There is no substitute for experience. You will be so happy to work with someone who has seen over years of service what works and what does not. This isn’t an event you can do over later. It’s best to find someone you are confident can get it just right. Small businesses tend to see to the little details and support customers with stellar service.
- Offers Services to Support Your Experience: You will want to find a provider who takes the time and extra effort to make things just a little bit easier for you. For instance, finding someone who includes a digital webpage with your loved one’s information can help you share the news of their passing and any public services to be held with interested parties.
Help is Just a Call Away
If you need our assistance for funeral home and cremations in Freedom, PA, please don’t hesitate to give us a call. We are Gabauer Funeral Homes, the funeral home to trust. Calls are taken 24/7 for immediate needs.
Funeral & Cremation FAQs
Do veterans get a free funeral?
Almost all veterans are eligible for free military funeral honors. They are most often registered for free memorial objects such as headstones, flags, and medallions. Learn more.
What factors do I consider when selecting a funeral home?
- Decide on a budget for your family.
- Find more for your funeral rights.
- Weigh the options.
- Decide on the form of structure.
- Compile a list and compare values.
- Narrow your options.
- Visit a few funeral homes.
- Request quotations.
- Learn more.
How much does Social Security pay for funeral?
If the surviving partner was residing with the deceased or was collecting some Social Security payments on the deceased's record, a one-time lump-sum death payout of $255 will be made. Learn more.