Gabauer Funeral Homes is a concerned funeral home and cremation service provider in Rochester, PA. We take great pride in caring for our families, and will work tirelessly to provide you with a beautiful and lasting tribute to your loved one. For over 100 years we have been adhering to the highest standards of funeral home and cremation service to the community of Rochester, PA. Call us today for your funeral home and cremation needs at (724) 843-0300 or visit us at 1133 Penn Ave New Brighton, PA 15066.
Even though most of us would instead not think about it, death will come to each of us someday. Many people find that putting their affairs in order and making plans for funeral home and cremations in Rochester, PA, can lessen anxieties around this eventuality. Plus, who knows you better than yourself? Doesn’t it make good sense that you should make these decisions for how your end-of-life arrangements are completed?
Some good reasons to make this plan right now are detailed below:
You will probably have a preference once you know your options. Taking just a little time to educate yourself on what is available can bring clarity. Are environmental concerns important to you? You might be interested in finding the most green options for death care. Is formality and tradition more your thing? Be sure your family and loved ones have the tools they need to honor you well by putting the plan together.
- Prepayment of services will save money in the long run. Though it isn’t a required part of making a pre-need plan, it is a smart money move. That is because the price you pay now at current price list levels is the lowest it's ever going to be again. Over time we know that prices rise in every sector. Cost of living increases and the price of merchandise and resources that are needed will go up. Why not have your money stretch as far as possible?
- Your surviving loved ones will be significantly supported by your decision to make a pre-plan. Consider this a final gift for your closest loved ones. When grieving and feeling overwhelmed, they won’t be burdened with all of the details and decisions of your final arrangements. If you prepay, you also relieve any financial stress they may be feeling surrounding your services.
- Pre-planning is appropriate for various ages and circumstances. Death doesn’t have to be looming to make a pre-plan. People in good health with many decades of life left can elect to put their preferences in writing. Those who are facing a terminal health diagnosis can find this process to bring a therapeutic sense of release and relief. Of course, those in their later years can also find this helpful as the end of life approaches.
- Your plans can change. Especially if you live for many years to come, you may wish to revisit your plan from time to time. There is, however, no requirement to do so. New technologies are developed, and you can certainly keep your options open if you wish.
- Making a plan is simple. Online questionnaires can be filled out right in the privacy of your own home. Pre-need counselors can sit with you and explain your options in a brief appointment if you’d rather.
Choosing Your Services for Funeral Home and Cremations in Rochester, PA
We talk about the services for funeral home and cremations in Rochester, PA, often enough that most of us have an idea of what the definitions are. However, there are some differences between the types of services, and knowing those can help as you select what you prefer for your own future needs.
Funeral services are a way to honor the departed in a ceremony that happens shortly after the death has occurred. It allows family and friends to support one another and find closure as the reality of the loss begins to settle in. Memorial services differ from funerals mostly because the body of the deceased is not present for the service. This can help when there is a need to have the service at a later time.
Cremation services are a means of preparing the deceased for final disposition. Final disposition refers to the final resting place of the remains. When cremation is selected, the body is individually and respectfully incinerated. The resulting fragments or particles are collected to be returned to the family in the form we call “ashes.”
Working With a Funeral Home For Pre-Arrangement of Services
When making a pre-plan, you can work with a funeral home that offers the services you are interested in. Choosing an experienced and fully operating expert firm will make the process easy and straightforward. After your passing, your plan and the funeral home staff will go to work for you. The plan will be carefully followed, and the next of kin will be as involved as they wish to be.
Reach Out for an Appointment Now
As you contemplate your own future needs for funeral home and cremations in Rochester, PA, don’t hesitate to make the call today to Gabauer Funeral Homes. The caring staff at this facility has the expertise you need to feel confident about putting this plan in place. You are in safe hands, and your wishes will be respected when the time comes.
Funeral & Cremation FAQsWhen is funeral after death?
The funeral is held after one to two weeks after the death. For others, they wish their loved ones to be buried as soon as possible depending on their religious beliefs. Learn more.How do you get over the death of a loved one?
- Allow yourself to feel the agony as well as the other feelings.
- Trust the process.
- Seek support.
- Try to get back on track.
- Live a healthy lifestyle.
- Learn more.
What do you wear for a funeral?
Younger men should wear a well-pressed solid-colored shirt, slacks, and, if possible, dress shoes. A dark or black skirt suit or pantsuit; a skirt of acceptable length or pants and a top with sleeves, a blouse, or a sweater; heels or pumps are the most popular funeral protocol traditions for women to wear. Learn more.